Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Wednesday Briefs - Boys of Belsmeade 24


Welcome to Wednesday Briefs! It's flash fiction, so this story will be presented in 1000(ish)-word chapters. I hope you enjoy it, and check out the many other flashers, whose links are below. You can also check out the Wednesday Briefs Blog for more info and to sign up for email notifications.

Thanks for reading!



THE BOYS OF BELSMEADE


Chapter Twenty-Four

John was sandwiched between two large vampires in the back seat of a sleek, black sedan. He looked out the window, watching the trees fly by as they sped down the highway. With every passing minute, his captors took him farther south, farther away from Eliot. The last he saw of his son was when a bullet struck Eliot in the chest, and he crumpled to the floor. The memory made John's stomach turn. To fight the nausea, he gripped the leather seat and exhaled slowly.

Fumaro turned in the front seat to face John. With an evil smile, he asked, "Something wrong?"

"You bastard!" John cursed through clenched teeth. "What did you do to my son?"

"It should have been fairly clear that I shot him."

"B-but he's not dead, right? He can't die, can he?"

The viscount rolled his eyes. "Of course he can die. Even vampires can't survive with no head."

John's face blanched. He couldn't focus on that right now. He had to believe that Eliot was alive, and was planning on rescuing him from the sadistic vampires that now held him captive. Yes, Eliot was smart. He and Aramis and the others would figure out how to save him. They had the count, Mr. Ambrogi, Benita…

The thought of the stunning female vampire made John shiver. Even when he was still attracted to Eliot's mother Karen, he'd never had as strong a reaction to her as he had with Benita. When the vampire shoved him against a wall and kissed him, the blood in his veins turned to fire and the need for more of this woman consumed him. She shoved her hands down the back of his jeans and squeezed his ass while he worked his lips down her slender throat. They parted before they ripped off each other's clothes and fucked right there in the hall, but it was clear to both of them that their little romp was just the beginning.

The memory stirred his blood again and he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Fumaro chuckled. "Thinking about Benita, eh?"

John tried to ignore him, but Fumaro sent his thoughts into John's head. "She's stunning, isn't she? You should see her body: high, firm breasts, with nipples begging to be sucked." John thought of maggots, train wrecks, anything that would distract him from the vampire's lurid description, but the voice kept on. "Long legs to wrap around your waist while you thrust into her heat, over and over—"

"Stop it!" John screamed. The other vampires laughed at his torture, and they began speaking in German, which he couldn't understand. The car slowed and pulled into a driveway. The sun was setting, but John could still make out the sign.

"An Air Force base?" he asked incredulously. "Won't you be sort of conspicuous here?"

Fumaro shrugged. "Why? It's not like they don't know vampires exist."

John was stunned. "What?"

Becker scoffed. "You seriously think that the government doesn't know about us? How could we possibly conduct our business without them knowing? I pay a great deal of money to be able to keep my jet here."

"Air Force Four," Fumaro joked. "Fly wherever we want with no questions asked."

"Where are we going?" John asked. "Please tell me. What are you going to do to me?"

Fumaro smirked. "My daughter is in need of a mate."

John's mouth fell open in shock. He felt a pinch in his arm, and shook his head to fight the sedative's effect. "No," he mumbled. "I won' do it."

As he lost consciousness, John heard Fumaro make a phone call. "Hello, darling. Papa has a wonderful surprise for you."

********************

When I came to, everything was in a state of utter chaos. There were vampires everywhere, some with weapons, and many on phones. All around the room, bloody sheets and rags covered chairs and floors. I sat up and felt like someone had stabbed me through the heart.

"Holy fuck!" I hissed, and collapsed back to the floor. Aramis rushed over and knelt next to me. His shirt was a bloody mess, but he looked unharmed. I threw my arms around him and pulled him down. "You're okay. Thank God, you're okay. But… wait. Dad. My dad! Oh my God, where's my father? I've got to find him."

I hopped to my feet and gasped in pain. Aramis pushed me down into a chair. "Ssh. Stay calm, babe. We'll find him. You need to finish healing."

Benita was sitting on one of the sofas, shaking with grief. Aurelia had a consoling arm around her, but it wasn't really helping. "Gone," Benita moaned. "He's gone! I know Fumaro. He'll kill him, just because he belongs to me. After all these years, I meet my mate, and now…"

"Hush," Aristes said. "Benita, my dear. Do not worry. Fumaro would not be so stupid as to kill John."

I sobbed and held my head in my hands. Aramis said, "Dad, what can we possibly do?"

"We can use the tracking device that I had the doctor at the clinic implant behind John's ear."

"The what you what?" I cried.

Aristes looked sheepish. "Well, I may have promised the council that I would keep track of your father's whereabouts until he was fully vetted into the clan. And I figured the easiest way would be a tracking device. It didn't hurt."

"Dad!" Aristes barked. "That is so not right."

"Basta cosi!" The count yelled. "We need to find out what has happened here! Ambrogi, get your men started with the tracking device. Aramis, explain what you saw."

"Well," Aramis began, "about twenty minutes after you left, we thought we heard you all walking across the lawn. When Mom stood up to see, they shot her. Then bullets came flying from all directions. They must have known that you'd all go tearing off to find Galen's body."

"It's all my fault," Blake said miserably. "John's gonna die and it's all my fault."

"Shut up, Blake," I snapped. "Swear to God, if anyone says that one more time I'm gonna slap the fuck out of them. My father is not dead."



****************************************


Don't forget to visit the other flashers!


Avery Dawes
Caraway Carter
Cia Nordwell
Elyzabeth VaLey
Johayan
Julie Lynn Hayes
MA Church
Sarah Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment