Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Wednesday Briefs - Boys of Belsmeade 15


Welcome to Wednesday Briefs! It's flash fiction, so this story will be presented in 1000(ish)-word chapters. I hope you enjoy it, and check out the many other flashers, whose links are below. You can also check out the Wednesday Briefs Blog for more info and to sign up for email notifications.

Thanks for reading!



THE BOYS OF BELSMEADE


Chapter Fifteen

Mr. Becker glared at Aramis' dad, and then stormed back to his car. He turned and pointed a finger at me. "You had better watch your newborn, Ambrogi. I'd hate to see anything happen to one so young. And give my regards to Dr. Berenz."

Mr. Ambrogi growled loudly as the other clan chief got in the car and drove away. I fell to my knees and held my head in my hands. "Oh my God!" I cried. "My dad. I forgot about my dad. What have I done?"

Aramis pulled me up and wrapped his arms around me. "It's not true, babe. He's not insane. You can't believe a word of what any of the Beckers say. Please believe me."

I held onto my mate, trying to wrap my head around everything that had happened. "So, I didn't attack him?"

"You tried to protect me by running towards him, but you didn't hurt him."

"So he knows I'm a… vampire?"

"He does," Mr. Ambrogi said. "I have Aluisi driving him here as we speak. I thought he would be more comfortable talking to you here. I promise you, little one, no harm has come to him and no harm will ever come to him. He is under my protection now."

"So you're like the Godfather?" I asked.

Aramis' dad smiled. "You could say that, yes. Now come inside and meet the rest of the family."

I looked skeptical. "There are more of you?"

Mr. Ambrogi beamed. "Only my eldest daughter's first child. My first grandson."

Right on cue, a baby began wailing. Lucia groaned. "He's up again?"

Beatricia rolled her eyes. "He's six months old, Chia. What do you expect? I'll go get him."

The interior of the Ambrogi house was just as opulent as the exterior. High ceilings, sumptuous furnishings and artwork covering every wall made it appear I had stepped into a museum. Aramis pulled me down onto a plump sofa and I sat stiffly, afraid to touch anything. I needn't have worried, though. Blanca and Lucia raced up the stairs and slammed a bedroom door. Marco flopped down onto a couch and put his feet up on the arm.

"Animals," Mrs. Ambrogi said with a chuckle. "I have raised animals."

"Pretty much," Epp said. He produced a tennis ball from his pocket and began bouncing it against an antique cupboard.

"Epifanio!" his mother scolded. "If you break my china…"

He rolled his eyes. "If I break it, you have thousands of other pieces."

"Do not speak so to your mother," Mr. Ambrogi said. He snatched the ball in mid-air and squeezed it. The ball split with a pathetic crunch and he tossed it back to his son.
Epp scowled. "I love it. The girls can run around here doing whatever they want."

"You're older," Marco said.

"Yeah, by two minutes!" he snapped.

"Minutes?" I asked.

"Yes," Mrs. Ambrogi cooed. She mussed Epp's hair with a manicured hand. "He, Lucia and Blanca. "My three little miracle babies."

"Hey! Cut it out," he whined, but then he smiled and kissed his mother's cheek. "I think I'll head back to school now, mami."

"All right," she said, "but if you get caught speeding again, you will lose your car."

"I wasn't going that fast."

Mr. Ambrogi put his hands on his hips. "One hundred and ten miles an hour, in my book, is 'fast'. And if I hear of you seducing a police officer again to get out of being arrested, you will lose more than your car."

The young vamp grinned. "It wasn't just to get out of a ticket. I was trying to get in his pants." Aramis snorted and his parents cried in outrage. Epp added, "He was straight, though. Too bad. His ass was—"

Mr. Ambrogi barked, "Will you have a little tact? Go before I take your car anyway."

I wanted to ask Epp if he was gay, but didn't dare. Seeming to read my mind, he held out his hand to me and I shook it. With a wink, he said, "Yes, I'm gay. Welcome to the asylum. You sure you want in?"

"Definitely," I said, earning a kiss from Aramis. As Epp left, Bea came into the room holding what had to be the cutest baby ever. He had a mop of dark, unruly hair, and cheeks so fat they nearly hid his blue eyes. He babbled and blew a raspberry, and then shoved a fist into his mouth.

"This is little Aristes," Aramis' father said proudly. He took the baby, heedless of the drool dripping onto his designer shirt. Bea handed him a bottle and he sat to feed the infant.

Epp kissed his nephew's head. "See you next weekend, peeps."

After Epp had left, and the baby was happily feeding, Mr. and Mrs. Ambrogi turned their attention to me. "Now Eliot," she said softly. "I meant what I said about this being your home. Whenever you need us, we'll be there for you."

"Thanks, Mrs. Ambrogi."

She waved me off. "Please, call me Aurelia, and my husband is Aristes."

It took me a second to pronounce the name Ow-ray-lia, but I finally managed. Aramis kissed the top of my head and wrapped his arms around me. I noticed that he hadn't said much, so I craned my neck up to look at him. "You okay?" I asked.

"More than okay to have you here with me," he said.

He shifted slightly in his seat, so I turned to face him. His eyes flashed white and I gasped. "Tell me what's wrong, Aramis."

"My son is thirsty," Aurelia said. "He's trying to be polite about it."

"You need blood?" I asked nervously.

Aramis exhaled slowly. "Yes."

His parents looked uncomfortable. Aristes said, "We have some synthetic, if you don't want to…"

The thought of feeding had me instantly hard. "No, I'll do it," I said eagerly.

Aurelia laughed. "We'll give you the pool house for now, darling. A little more privacy for new mates."

It was hideously embarrassing that Aramis' parents knew what we were going to do, but when Aramis looked down at me and licked his lips, I didn't care who knew it. I wanted my mate to fuck me into oblivion.



****************************************


Don't forget to visit the other flashers!

Avery Dawes
Carol Pedroso
Cia Nordwell
Elyzabeth VaLey
JC Wallace
Johayan
Jon Keys
LM Brown
Julie Lynn Hayes
MA Church
Nephylim
Ravon Silvius
Shelly Schulz
Tali Spencer
Victoria Adams

2 comments:

  1. Where have you been, dear? I have been missing your updates of this story. I hope everything is alright with you. I really love this story, and I am hopeful that there will be more of it for a dedicated reader like me to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so nice of you to say! My computer broke, but I'm getting it back tomorrow, so Eliot and Aramis will return next week. Thanks for the support. It means a lot.

    ReplyDelete